Welcome to MUSIC!
Hello! My Name is Ms. Heal! I will be your child’s music teacher for the 2019-2020 school year! This is my 6th year teaching at Resurrection Ascension Catholic Academy and I am excited to make this our best year yet!
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Music classes will be offered daily for students in Nursery through Eighth Grade. Each level of instruction is increased in depth and rigor as students continue from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. Activities in the classroom include singing, playing percussion instruments, movement activities, and many more. This curriculum when combined with effective instruction, enables students to achieve the overall goal for arts education in the state of New York.
Each student will be required to bring a folder and pencil to music class. Failure to bring the required materials to music class will result in a lowered preparation grade for the day.
General Music Activities:
Concepts and skills will be developed by incorporating the following activities:
- Kinesthetic movement
- Playing classroom instruments
- Written assignments (given on occasion depending on grade level)
- Projects (given on occasion depending on grade level)
- Cross-curriculum incorporations
- Be Polite
- Be Positive
- Be Productive
- Be Prepared
- Always do your best!
- HAVE FUN!
- Ask before you touch any equipment.
- Participation 50%
- Behavior 20%
- Performance 20%
- Preparation 10%
* If written assignments/projects are assigned, they will be factored into the participation percentage.
* If a student misses their concert for an unexcused reason they will be given an alternative assignment.