The Season of Christmas
Letter J, Number 5, Shape: Triangle, Color: Green
- We will learn about Jesus’ Birthday and the Holy Family by reading books – Christmas in a Manger, J is for Jesus and A Star for Jesus. For Math, we will make candy cane (red/white) patterns, turn upside down and it’s a J.
- We will read the classic story of the Gingerbread Man. We will learn the sequence of the story using the words, what came first, second, third and etc. We will make a Gingerbread house using different shapes, make a gingerbread boy/girl ornament and paint Puffy Ginger breads using real spices, brown paint and glue.
We will celebrate and discuss the Feast of St Nicholas, Dec 6th and St. Mary, Jesus’ mother on Dec. 7th.
- For Science we will experiment Santa Science.
Religion Lessons: Lesson 15, Christmas
**Mat Man – we will be learning every month about Mat Man, we will learn how to draw him and label his body parts with a song to remember.**
JUST A REMINDER
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6TH WE ARE SHOPPING AT THE CHRISTMAS BOUTIQUE. PLEASE BRING MONEY IF YOU ARE SHOPPING.
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7TH IS REPORT CARD DAY, EARLY DISMISSAL FOR ALL AND NO AFTER SCHOOL
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS ARE DUE FRIDAY, 12/14
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21ST, EARLY DISMISSAL FOR ALL AND THERE IS AFTER SCHOOL.
- CHRISTMAS RECESS BEGINS 12/21-1/1 AND SCHOOL RESUMES ON WEDNESDAY 1/2
Special Schedule ( is subject to change)
Music with Miss Heal – Tuesdays and Fridays
Computers – Thursdays
Library – Wednesdays
Gym – Fridays
If you have any questions or concerns,
please contact me via…
(1) Send a note in your child’s folder.
(2) Call the school office at (718) 426-4963.
(3) Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (I will check my emails during school hours 8:00 am-3:00 pm)
To order from Scholastic Book Clubs, you may :
(1) Return the flyer’s order form to your teacher by the due date.
(2) Go online https://clubs.scholastic.com Our class activation code is 1P8I5.
The online orders are processed at the same time as the “paper” orders.
Thank you for ordering books and supporting our classroom library.
Miss Cathy’s Nursery Class – http://cbiondo8.edublogs.org
Check my class blog to see what your child has learned in class.
Please note: I will be updating my blog on a monthly basis. Don’t forget to keep checking. Thank you!
We are happy to celebrate birthdays in class. There are 16 children in our class. Please notify the teacher a week in advance and, on the day of, you may send in party napkins and a small dessert treat for each child. Invitations and goody bags will only be distributed if every child in our class is included.
Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen!
Thank you God for a brand new day.
I will enjoy your world today. Amen!
Prayer before we eat.
Thank you God for the food we eat.
Thank you God for the friends we meet.
Thank you God for the birds that sing.
Thank you God for everything. Amen!