Teacher’s Contact Information:
You may reach Mrs. Delaney by:
(1) Sending a note in your child’s folder
(2) Calling the main office: (718) 426-4963
(3) Emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org (checked at the beginning and the end of the school day).
2019 – 2020 CALENDAR REMINDERS:
- Mon., Oct. 14th – Columbus Day – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Tues., Oct. 22nd – PreK Family Engagement Night at 7:00pm in the gym
- Mon., Nov. 4th – Class Picture
- Tue., Nov. 5th – Individual Pictures
- Mon., Nov. 11th – Veterans Day – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Mon., Nov. 18th – Professional Day for PreK Teachers
- Thurs. & Fri., Nov. 28th & 29th – Happy Thanksgiving! SCHOOL CLOSED
- Fri., Dec. 6th – Report Cards – 12:00 Dismissal for ALL
- Mon., Dec. 9th – Immaculate Conception – SCHOOL CLOSED
- CHRISTMAS VACATION: Dec. 23 – Jan. 3
- Mon., Jan 6th – School resumes
- Mon., Jan. 20th – Martin Luther King Jr Day – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Sun., Jan. 26th – Opening Mass for Catholic Schools Week which is followed by an Open House
- Fri., Jan 31st – Teacher Appreciation Day – 12:00 Dismissal for ALL
- MID-WINTER RECESS: Feb. 17 – 21
- Fri., March 6th – Professional Day for ALL teachers – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Wed., March 11th – Professional Day for PreK Teachers
- Fri., March 20th – Report Cards – 12:00 Dismissal for ALL
- EASTER RECESS: April 9 – 17
- Mon., April 20th – School resumes
- Mon., May 25th – Memorial Day – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Thurs., June 4th – Professional Day for PreK Teachers
CURRENT UNIT: My Five (5) Senses
Essential Question: How do we use our senses to explore, investigate
and understand the world around us?
How do we use our sense of sight?
How do we use our sense of hearing?
How do we use our sense of taste?
How do we use our sense of smell?
How do we use our sense of touch?
PRIOR UNIT: Welcome to Pre-K
Essential Question: What is Pre-K?
• What will I learn and do in pre-K?
• What do I bring to my classroom community?
• Who are the people in my classroom
• Who else is in my pre-K program?
Meet the new PreK-B! We made people to represent ourselves on the Attendance Chart.
Our Weekly Schedule:
– Monday – BOOK DAY – Visit with our school Librarian. Plus, in our classroom, it’s time for READ & TELL This is when an assigned child (see the list below) brings in a book to share with the class.
– Tuesday – ARTISTIC DAY:
Special Music Class with Ms.Heal
Special Art Class with Mrs. B
– Wednesday – SNEAKER DAY – Special Gym Class with Mr. Barron (The children need to wear sneakers to participate. Also note, the children engage in movement activities daily, so the safest footwear every day is sneakers.)
– Thursday – SCIENTIST DAY – This is the day an assigned child (see the list below) usually brings in a new item for the Science Box in Science Center. *This is also the day we have FAMILY READ & TELL. Information will be sent home.
– Friday – MUSIC DAY – Special Music Class with Ms.Heal
READ & TELL :
SCIENCE Show & Tell
- Please label everything that your child brings to school.
- We strongly suggest your child wear sneakers daily as we will be having active play daily.
- We are happy to celebrate birthdays in class – there are 18 children in our class. Please notify the teacher a week in advance and, on the day of, you may send in party napkins and a small nut-free dessert treat for each child. Invitations and goody bags will only be distributed if every child in our class is included.
PBSKids for Parents has age-by-age tips and activities that you can do at home to help your child grow, as well as information about developmental milestones: https://www.pbs.org/parents/
To order from Scholastic Book Clubs, you may :
(1) Return the flyer’s order form to your teacher by the due date -OR-
(2) Go online to https://clubs.scholastic.com/ Our class code is GWPND. The online orders are processed at the same time as the “paper” orders.
Thank you for ordering books and supporting our classroom library.