2019 – 2020 CALENDAR REMINDERS:
- Wed., Aug 28th at 7:00pm – Pre-K Parent Meeting in the auditorium
- Thurs., Sept. 5th, 9:00 – 10:00 – Parent/Child Orientation
- Fri., Sept. 6th – PreK is in session from 8:00AM to 11:30AM
- Mon., Sept. 9th – First Full Day of Classes (including Religion) for PreK
FIRST UNIT: Welcome to Pre-K
Our Weekly Schedule:
– Monday – SONG DAY – Special Music Class with Ms.Heal
– Tuesday – ARTISTIC DAY – Special Art Class with Mrs. B
– Wednesday – BOOK DAY – Visit with our school Librarian. Plus, in our classroom, it’s time for READ & TELL – This is when an assigned child (see the list below) brings in a book to share with the class.
– Thursday – SNEAKER DAY – Special Gym Class with Mr. Barron (The children need to wear sneakers to participate. Also note, the children engage in movement activities daily, so the safest footwear every day is sneakers.)
– Friday – SCIENTIST DAY – This is the day an assigned child (see the list below) usually brings in a new item for the Science Box in Science Center. *This is also the day we have FAMILY READ & TELL. Thank you to those parents and grandparent who signed up to read to us! If you are interested, please let us know.
READ & TELL – TBA
SCIENCE BOX – TBA
Teacher’s Contact Information:
You may reach Mrs. Delaney by:
(1) Sending a note in your child’s folder
(2) Calling the main office: (718) 426-4963
(3) Emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org (checked at the beginning and the end of the school day).
- Please label everything that your child brings to school.
- We strongly suggest your child wear sneakers daily as we will be having active play daily.
- We are happy to celebrate birthdays in class – there are 18 children in our class. Please notify the teacher a week in advance and, on the day of, you may send in party napkins and a small nut-free dessert treat for each child. Invitations and goody bags will only be distributed if every child in our class is included.
PBSKids for Parents has age-by-age tips and activities that you can do at home to help your child grow, as well as information about developmental milestones: https://www.pbs.org/parents/
To order from Scholastic Book Clubs, you may :
(1) Return the flyer’s order form to your teacher by the due date -OR-
(2) Go online to https://clubs.scholastic.com/ Our class code is GWPND. The online orders are processed at the same time as the “paper” orders.
Thank you for ordering books and supporting our classroom library.