2018 – 2019 CALENDAR REMINDERS
- Wed., Dec. 5th – PreK-B will be going to the Christmas Boutique. *Please send in your envelopes in advance. Thank you.
- Fri., Dec. 7th – Report Cards – Early Dismissal for ALL at 12:00pm – There is NO After School today. Report Cards will be distributed from 12:30pm – 3:30pm and from 5:00pm – 7:00pm. Please return your pick-up time sheet as soon as possible.
- Christmas Vacation for All beginning at dismissal on Fri., Dec. 21st – Early Dismissal for ALL at 12:00pm.
- Wed., Jan. 2nd – School Resumes for All
- Wed., Jan. 16th – Professional Day for PreK Teachers – No School for PreK classes
- Mon., Jan. 21st – MLK, Jr. Day – No School for All
- Sun., Jan. 27th – Catholic Schools Week begins – 9:30am Family Mass followed by an Open House *More details of additional activities occurring this week will be given in January.
- Mid-winter Recess for All – School is closed the week of Feb. 17th
- Wed., March 20th – Report Cards – Early Dismissal for All – There is NO After School today.
- Easter Vacation for All beginning at dismissal on Wed., April 17th
- Mon., April 29th – School resumes for All
- Wed., May 8th – Professional Day for PreK Teachers – No School for PreK classes
- Mon., May 27th – Memorial Day – No School for All
- TBD (June) – Step-up Ceremony for PreK
ENDING UNIT: All About Us
Essential Question: Who am I and who are the people in my life?
- What makes me important and unique?
- What feelings do I have and why?
- What makes my class important and unique?
- What makes my family important and unique?
NEW UNIT: Where We Live
Essential Question: Where do people and animals around me live?
- Where do I live? Where do my family members live?
- Where do people and animals live?
- What types of homes do the people in my city (NYC) live in?
- How do people and animals make homes?
Our Weekly Schedule:
– Monday – SONG DAY – Special Music Class with Ms.Heal
– Tuesday – ARTISTIC DAY – Special Art Class with Mrs. B
– Wednesday – BOOK DAY – Visit with our school Librarian. Plus, in our classroom, it’s time for READ & TELL – This is when an assigned child (see the list below) brings in a book to share with the class.
– Thursday – SNEAKER DAY – Special Gym Class with Mr. Barron (The children need to wear sneakers to participate. Also note, the children engage in movement activities daily, so the safest footwear every day is sneakers.)
– Friday – SCIENTIST DAY – This is the day an assigned child (see the list below) usually brings in a new item for the Science Box in Science Center. *This is also the day we have FAMILY READ & TELL. Thank you to those parents and grandparent who signed up to read to us! If you are interested, please let us know.
READ & TELL
Teacher’s Contact Information:
You may reach Mrs. Delaney by:
(1) Sending a note in your child’s folder
(2) Calling the main office: (718) 426-4963
(3) Emailing her at email@example.com (checked at the beginning and the end of the school day).
- Please label everything that your child brings to school.
- We strongly suggest your child wear sneakers daily as we will be having active play daily.
- We are happy to celebrate birthdays in class – there are 18 children in our class. Please notify the teacher a week in advance and, on the day of, you may send in party napkins and a small nut-free dessert treat for each child. Invitations and goody bags will only be distributed if every child in our class is included.
NYS Prekindergarten Foundations for the Comon Core: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/common_core_standards/pdfdocs/nyslsprek.pdf
To order from Scholastic Book Clubs, you may :
(1) Return the flyer’s order form to your teacher by the due date
(2) Go online to https://clubs.scholastic.com/ Our class code is GWPND. The online orders are processed at the same time as the “paper” orders.
Thank you for ordering books and supporting our classroom library.